Study course description
: Commercial Law
|Responsible unit:||Entrepreneurship Chair|
|Approval Date:||Apr 11, 2013|
|Credit points (Latvian):||4|
|Credit points (ECTS):||6.0|
|Branch of science:||Human Rights|
To give students a general idea of the business regulatory and private law, as well as on certain public law elements in everyday life confronted by the chief executive officer.
- to promote student understanding of the commercial legal framework.
- to improve students' ability to navigate the commercial entity establishing, functioning and disposal issues.
- knowledge of the Commercial law;
- knowledge of the regulatory framework of business applications.
- Knowledge of various business management features.
- Knowledge of business registration, reorganization and liquidation procedures.
- Knowledge of consumer rights and their application characteristics.
- Understands and knows how to analyze the general aspects of Commercial and Employment Law.
- Based on the resulting theoretical framework, will be able to legally correct analysis of practical business situations.
- Able to identify problem situations in a company and to offer the best legal solutions to business management.
- Know how to compile and to analyze a variety of draft treaties.
- Know how to develop a document package for start-ups, changes and liquidation.
- Know how to find the best possible solutions from the company liquidation
- Able to represent the company in other institutions, enterprises and organizations related to commercial issues.
A positive attitude to the need to monitor changes in the law that are binding for commercial activities.
|Requirements:||Results of the field work during the semester (25%), marks for participation in seminars (25%) and exam (written/verbal) result (50%)|
|Lecturer(s):||lect. Mg.iur. Uvis Kozlovskis (uzņ.līg.), asist. Mg.iur. Maruta Ozoliņa|